Costs will vary according the selected program, although flat-rate and all-inclusive tuition rates are common.
For those interested in accelerating their career through leadership development programs, here is a look at some of the most popular and respected training options available in the state of Iowa.
Popular Training Courses in Iowa
(Masters, Degree & Certification levels in Business Schools, Colleges, etc.)
University of Northern Iowa Executive Development Center, located in Cedar Falls, Iowa
This Business Center offers of number of certificate programs aimed at professional development, including a Leadership Development Certificate program.
- Executive leadership training in Illinois
- Executive leadership development training in Kansas
- Executive management training in Nebraska
- Executive leadership development programs in Minnesota
- Executive management skills training in Missouri
- Executive leadership development training in South Dakota
- Executive leadership education & training in Wisconsin
This program teaches the skills that enable business managers to move into the area of executive leadership, and focuses on organizational leadership training that includes interpreting, managing, and solving problems within the business environment. Class sizes are limited to 20 students, which allows for individual attention to promote improved leadership skills.
University of Iowa Tippie School of Management, located in Iowa City, Iowa
This school offers one of the top-rated MBA programs in the world, including an accelerated Masters of Business Administration degree that is aimed at moving current business leaders to the next step of professional excellence.
Class meetings take place every other weekend for the 2-year duration of the program, with a 10-11 day International Business Seminar taken in the second year to provide first-hand experience with global business practices. The specific topics of executive management include:
- Quantitative Methods
- Managerial Economics
- Accounting and Marketing
- Ethics and Organizational Behavior
- Corporate Finance
- Capital Markets
- Entrepreneurial Process
- Strategic Management
Online leadership training through eCornell, a subsidiary of Cornell University in New York
The Executive Leadership Certificate program offered through eCornell teaches students to think strategically and evaluate information to enable them to become an executive leader. The business leadership training courses are designed to incorporate real-world business scenarios to help students identify their leadership strengths and enhance their business capabilities.
Because the courses are offered online, they can be taken at the convenience of the students, with each leadership training course lasting approximately 2 weeks. The topics covered include:
- How to Strategize for Success
- Scenario Analysis
- Executive Decision Making
- Leading Through Creativity
- Motivating Members of Your Team
Expected Fees & Duration Of Programs
The Leadership Development Certificate offered through the University of Northern Iowa is a 4-month program that consists of 58 hours of instruction.
- The tuition is set at $3,150, and includes training material, lunches, and campus parking privileges.
- Students employed in the non-profit sector can enroll in the seminar for half-price, and tuition can also be reduced by 15% when this and other business seminars are taken back-to-back.
- Full payment is required no later than the first day of class, however, and a $25 fee is applied if enrollment is cancelled less than 3 days before the classes begin.
The Executive MBA offered at Iowa University is a 2-year program that consists of meetings taking place every other weekend, with a 3-month summer break between the first and second year.
- The fees for the program are set at an all-inclusive rate of $55,000, which covers tuition, books, computer software, and supplies for the duration of the entire program, as well as room and board during the introductory Residency Weeks that begin each school year.
- The all-inclusive rate also covers room and board during the International Business Seminar during the second year of the program.
- Students are required to pay the cost of lodging, meals, and transportation to and from campus during the program, as well as the airfare for the required international seminar.
The Executive Leadership Certificate earned through eCornell consists of 6 two-week courses, which enables the completion of the program in as little as 12 weeks.
- The tuition cost for the entire program is set at $3,750, which includes the downloadable study materials required for the courses.
- Because the courses are offered online, enrollment can take place at any time, and the certificate is awarded upon the completion of the required courses
The Leadership Development Certificate offered through the University of Northern Iowa is offered as a standalone training course, meaning that there are no previous educational requirements needed to attend the seminar. The Executive Leadership Certificate earned through eCornell is also offered as a standalone certificate program with no prerequisite courses.
The Executive MBA program offered at Iowa University, on the other hand, places heavy emphasis on professional background and experience when it comes to the requirement for admission. For this reason, most Executive MBA students have at least 5-7 years of previous leadership experience, as well as proven skills in the areas of management and organization. The specific requirements for entry into the program include:
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Current Resume
- Personal Essay
- Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Support from Sponsoring Organization (if applicable)
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) Score
Executive management training in Iowa is offered through a number of respected degree and certificate programs, with online options available to make learning convenient for busy business professional. Tuition rates and student costs can vary according to the program selected, although the learned skills and strategizing techniques can open the door to advancement in the professional executive field.
Leadership is the most important part of any successful business, and your executive management development training in Iowa can be the first step in transforming management professionals into true executive leaders.